Newsletter Issue: June 2017
- Discover how data can be integrated to heighten your organization’s impact: Join us on Wednesdays in July, starting 7/5, for a three-part virtual training series.
- Congratulations to our friends at CFED who have rebranded to Prosperity Now! Learn about our exciting new partnership and how you can become more involved with the financial coaching community!
When Having Health Insurance Means Having a Home
Washington University released a new study, performed at the Center for Social Development at the Brown School of Social Work and the Olin Business School, that shows for the first time the positive impact of the Affordable Care Act Marketplace on family finances. Researchers found that low-income households who gained health insurance through the Marketplace are much more likely to make their rent and mortgage payments — in fact, 41 percentage points less likely to become delinquent on home payments.
Financial Coaching: Where We Are Now
It’s so exciting to see the growth and development of the financial coaching field – the 2016 Financial Coaching Census from the Center for Financial Security and Asset Funders Network depicts the strength of our community of practitioners, managers, and funders. Perhaps more importantly, it highlights where we still have room to make improvements!
Read how the Clinic strives to support the field as it influences individuals and families across the nation.
Social Spotlight: 20,000 Customers
Change Machine has surpassed a huge new milestone – it has empowered clients to serve over 20,000 customers through more than 35,000 meetings! Thank you to all the financial coaches and social service practitioners who use Change Machine to help transform their customers’ financial lives.
The Clinic Across the Country
Speaking Engagements, Presentations, and Features
The Clinic staff have been busy, offering their expertise at various conferences and presentations. A selection of recent appearances include:
- On June 7, Director of Services, Stefan Hench, and Financial Coach, Amy Cao, joined EARN to present on their Partner Engagement Webinar.
- Stefan next joined IDEO.org in Austin, TX for a meeting of their Advisory Council.
- Haidee Cabusora, Chief Program Officer, joined Asset Building Strategies and their Closing the Women’s Wealth Gap network for a conference in San Francisco, CA, June 22-23. Watch their new video!
- Partnership Associate, Laura Malecky, travelled to Washington, DC to bring Change Machine to CBA‘s 2017 Credit Building Symposium from June 26 – 27.